Senior Financial Analyst
OmniaBio Inc. is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) focused on cell and gene therapies from pre-clinical through to commercialization, and a subsidiary of CCRM. Benefitting from CCRM’s existing expertise, OmniaBio provides a continuum of advanced process and analytical development, and manufacturing capabilities, by enabling focused support for clients from early clinical phase to commercial supply needs. OmniaBio is built upon leadership in iPSCs, immunotherapy and LVVs. To be located at McMaster Innovation Park, less than one hour from the U.S. border, OmniaBio’s new commercial manufacturing site will anchor a biomanufacturing centre of excellence and will open with late clinical phase and commercial capacity in 2024 in a site totaling approximately 100,000 square feet. OmniaBio is supported by the Government of Ontario, via the Invest Ontario Fund. Please visit us at www.omniabio.com.
The Senior Finance Analyst is responsible to ensure effective delivery of high-quality financial support and information to senior management to enable informed decision making that will ultimately improve performance, as well as enhance and develop business strategy and planning. This role will enable accurate business management, tracking, analysis, and management reporting to both internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will be a well-organized individual who can set and manage various stakeholders’ expectations and is able to drive continuous improvements in a fast-paced environment.
The employee’s services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with project managers to develop project-level budgets and forecasts for multiple business functions and units.
- Be a key service provider to business units and the functional teams/leaders in support of their mandates. Support business decision making through consultations with functional leaders concerning operational or service objectives impacted by changes in OmniaBio’s annual objectives and budgetary requirements.
- Support the development of business intelligence strategies and technology for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, at the business unit and project level, with insightful analysis for OmniaBio’s executives and senior management within defined reporting timelines, liaising with key stakeholders for input, as necessary.
- Develop an understanding of data and information flow at OmniaBio. Contribute to the development of tools, standards, and guidelines to support regular business life cycle, including customer acquisition, purchasing, project management, manufacturing operations, inventory management, financial data management, invoicing, and revenue collection process.
- Make recommendations on the design, needs assessment and implementation of technological improvement, including software applications to improve upon financial analytics.
- Provide decision analysis support, such as business case analysis, pricing analysis, cost estimates, contract and project profitability, customer-level reporting, technology platform-level reporting and other market or service segment analytics and reporting.
- Assist in developing financial analysis, key metrics, financial insight, and performance reporting to support operations in various business units.
- Analyze routine financial and operational reports and prepare explanations for period variances (actual vs. budget, actual current period vs. prior periods).
- Recommend improvements to financial system/tools and processes around routine analytics reporting cycles to ensure timely provision to business unit leaders and executive management.
- Prepare analysis in support of financial reporting requirements for various stakeholders, including funding providers.
- Provide business information and key metrics to external funding providers and the OmniaBio board.
- Assist in documenting and reviewing finance analytics and reporting processes and controls.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional institute activities.
- Other finance and business support activities, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or data management disciplines
- Designated CPA, or compensating experience
- 5+ years of finance analytics experience, preferably within a CDMO or life sciences organization, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with implementation and operationalization of business intelligence systems
- Well organized
- Applies logic and materiality in approach to work and problems
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and meet deadlines
- Analytical and insightful
- Strong Excel and modelling skills
- Problem solver
- Diligent and accurate in preparing deliverables
- Confident in approach
- Active listener
- High integrity and transparency
- Collaborative, team player
- Values diversity and being respectful of others
OmniaBio Inc. is a developing organization and represents a fluid working environment. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, and duties will be influenced by the needs of the organization.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
OmniaBio Inc. is committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona fide requirements for the open position. Applicants should make their requirements known once contacted to schedule an interview, or when the job offer has been made.
- Pay Type Salary