Project & Development Services - Vice-President, Construction Lead
151 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S 1S4, Canada Req #354
Thursday, November 24, 2022
Reports to: Executive Vice President & COO
The Construction Lead will have overall responsibility for new private sector construction by providing the project management team guidance and leadership while overseeing responsibility of projects, construction & financial aspects of Canderel and third-party projects in Canada.
- As a member of the leadership team, is responsible for planning, design review, and construction of commercial, residential, industrial and mixed-use projects for Canderel and third parties across Canada.
- Oversee the entire Construction team towards completion of projects, organization and operation of all project related activities.
- Ensure comprehensive and accurate budgeting and reporting on all projects.
- Lead the design process from a construction standpoint and evaluate value engineering options at each stage of a project lifecycle and work to find creative alternative solutions for designs, materials and processes.
- Lead the estimating and budgeting process to ensure quality, consistency, accuracy and timeliness
- Support the investment team on potential new acquisitions.
- Lead key relationships with Consultants, Engineers and Contractors.
- Conduct research on various new products as well as resources to improve departmental efficiency.
- Ensure standardization of contract templates for consultants and contractors. Ensure that consultants and construction managers follow Canderel’s approved processes.
- Accountability and responsibility for employee management, planning, organizing, directing and controlling all project functions within the portfolio.
- Advise senior management of risks, trends or impact of events as projects progress.
- Champion industry leading procurement practices within Canderel and with our partners.
- Ensure that procedures for maintenance and construction activities at the property provide for compliance with standards established by the Occupational and Safety legislation and other laws.
- Articulate the business and financial implications of sustainability decisions and investments.
- Ultimate oversight of customer service department.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 15+ years of proven experience in a senior level construction project management capacity with minimum 10+ years leading a team of professionals in North America, preferably in Canada
- University degree in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience in construction management, engineering, architecture, or business required
- In-depth knowledge of high rise residential, commercial and mixed-use construction require
- Strong financial acumen and exposure to budgeting, reporting and scheduling
- Ability to cultivate strong partnerships with employees, regulators, planners, and key real estate partners
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate people
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Project & Development Services
- Pay Type Salary
- 151 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M5S 1S4, Canada