Advisor, Public and Government Affairs, Ontario
Boralex Milton, 174 Mill Street Suite 201, Milton, Ontario, Canada Req #32
Thursday, August 25, 2022
Boralex is a major player in renewable energy specializing in four sectors of activity: wind, solar, hydroelectricity, and storage.
We have been based in Kingsey Falls, Quebec, Canada, for 30 years and have since expanded our horizons and established our business in the United States, France, and the United Kingdom.
On our planet where electricity is central to fighting climate change, we have a responsibility to produce it sustainably for future generations.
At Boralex, we provide renewable and affordable energy for all, creating value to share with our partners.
To achieve our missions, we rely on the best of our strengths.
Thanks to our fearlessness, our discipline, our expertise, and our diversity, we continue to be an industry leader.
And we do it with pleasure.
You are passionate about communications, public affairs, stakeholder relations and government affairs. You possess in-depth knowledge of the Ontario political landscape as well as energy public policies and market. You want to work as part of a dynamic team for a rapidly expanding renewable energy company.
Reporting to the Director, Public Affairs and Communications, your role and responsibilities as Advisor, Public and Government Affairs, in Ontario will be as follows:
- Establish and implement a government relations strategy focused on Boralex's strategic positions in the Ontario market;
- Support Boralex’s representatives and/or represent Boralex in dealing with the provincial government and municipal officials in Ontario;
- Support the Development team in the development of projects in Ontario, by participating in Project management teams, contributing to the drafting of bid packages for calls for tenders and by preparing and executing communication strategies and prepare relevant messages and materials to enable those projects to be a success;
- Collaborate with the Operations team to assist them in managing issues related to our active production sites in the province;
- Keep track of policy statements, proposed legislation and regulations, and other government policies that could impact Boralex's development and operations in Ontario;
- Represent Boralex within business associations and the renewable energy sector by participating, for example, in working groups to ensure awareness of current topics of interest and challenges within the industry, keep track of regulatory aspects, and reinforce the sector's influence with government;
- Actively participate in public consultations on strategic matters relating to the company.
- University education in a relevant discipline (political science, economics, public relations, communications or other);
- 3 to 5 years' experience in similar roles;
- In-depth knowledge of how political institutions (municipal, regional and state) operate in Ontario;
- Excellent knowledge of the rules governing the lobbying profession in Canada.;
- Strong proficiency in English (spoken and written);
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.);
- Familiar with the renewable energy market in Ontario a plus;
- Self-sufficient and attentive to detail;
- Able to work under pressure and to manage a number of files simultaneously with very short deadlines;
- Able to work as part of a team and establish good relationships using tact and diplomacy;
- Concerned with confidentiality and corporate image, and a keen interest in current events and the public and political spheres.
AT BORALEX WE OFFER
Boralex fosters a culture of sustainable performance in its day-to-day activities.
We are committed to operating in a manner that is consistent with our business objectives. We are taking action for growth and long-term profitability by making our stakeholders’ satisfaction a priority. Therefore, continuous improvement is at the core of our practices and drives us to set clear, ambitious and quantifiable goals.
Our strength lies in our team’s synergy and diversity. Through autonomy, trial and error and our collaborators’ empowerment, our teams embody a culture of sustainable performance. Our human relationships are based on transparency, inclusion and caring. That work environment enables us to enjoy working together every day. Each and every day, we make sure everyone can grow and contribute to Boralex’s mission.
- Contribute to the growth of a company that’s actively involved in energy transition.
- Add your talent to an agile work team.
- Expand your knowledge through continuous learning.
- Keep fit with a membership allowance at a sports centre of your choice.Spend more time with your family thanks to a flexible and independent schedule.
- Plan your life beyond your career thanks to a pension plan to which Boralex contributes.
Boralex, beyond renewable energy! Be the source of our energy!
- Pay Type Salary
- Boralex Milton, 174 Mill Street Suite 201, Milton, Ontario, Canada