IT Technician in Banff, AB
Are you growing your IT career? Perfect – join our growing IS / IT department to maintain and improve information and communication services to our 25 businesses Banff and Canmore. If you are creative, energetic and good at solving problems you will fit right in with our team of Information Systems Technicians. As an Information Systems Technician you will work a schedule that is 40 hours a week alongside a team of professionals onsite at our head office in Banff.
What you will be doing:
- Provide telephone helpdesk and desk-side end-user support in a fast-paced 24/7 environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents relating to desktop and laptop workstations, networking equipment, telephone systems, peripheral devices and printers, operating systems, email and applications.
- Perform hardware and software installations, moves and changes.
- Liaise with software vendors to provide application support.
- Log, track and close help desk tickets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist the Network Team Lead with networking tasks (building, managing, maintaining, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Assist the Support Services Lead to manage a virtual server and storage infrastructure as required.
- Perform administrative tasks within Microsoft Windows Active Directory and Exchange.
- Work safely. Obey all health and safety policies and procedures and report injuries and hazards
Skills & Experience:
- An industry certificate in network technology, such as CCNA and/or CCNP is required;
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT), Computer Science or related discipline;
- Experience providing advanced level IT support an environment of similar size and infrastructure;
- Positive attitude, good work ethic and a passion for learning;
- Ability and confidence to work unsupervised, and to know when to use initiative and when to ask for help;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Advanced English Essential);
- Valid Canadian work permit;
- Alberta driver’s license with a clean driving history (a work vehicle is available when on shift);
- Flexibility to cover on-call shifts and to handle helpdesk escalations;
- Must live in Banff or Canmore for this onsite position
Compensation is more than $:
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a salary that represents your skills and experience, an anniversary bonus and immediate eligibility for the BLC Employee Health Care Insurance Plan (extended health & dental). To meet long term goals, employees have the ability to become an Employee Shareholder and participate in the Employee Home Loan Program.
Do you want to have an active mountain lifestyle? You will have a schedule that allows for work life balance and we offer lots of perks to make your free time a whole lotta fun including:
- Food & Beverage discounts at 6 local restaurants
- Staff events so you can meet new people
- FREE golf & canoe passes in the summer
- Excellent health & wellness programs, including free yoga, and discounted fitness club memberships
- Complimentary hotel stays
We have many other benefits and you can learn more about them here: https://blcemployees.com/benefits/
We're really glad that you are interested in this job and we look forward to reviewing your application. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview please advise us if you require an accommodation. You can learn more about our great employee benefits & perks and what it means to work with an employee-owned company at banfflodgingco.com/jobs
Banff Lodging Co. is committed to building a workplace where everyone can succeed and belong. As a Signatory to the Bow Valley Workplace Inclusion Charter we continue to work on our ongoing commitment to build an even more diverse, equitable, and inclusive team environment.
We have employees from over 30 countries and are successful thanks to their diversity, talent, perspectives, and experiences. No employee will be treated differently based on race, religious beliefs, gender or age. We are working to eliminate barriers for applicants and team members from equity-seeking groups. If you can’t apply online or need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact us email@example.com or 403-760-8521.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- 229 Bear St Suite 300, Banff, AB T1L 1H8, Canada