Employee Communications & Events Coordinator (HR Department)
The Employee Communications & Events Coordinator is at the forefront of creating positive work experiences for our team by engaging employees to deliver a great employee experience. This role is dynamic as it is responsible to create memorable employee events, an awesome perks program and effectively communicate with over 900 employees in an effective manner.
This role has three main job functions including Communications, Events & Engagement:
- Design, create and implement communications across channels including newsletter, fact sheets, Dayforce Hub and employee website.
- Author and edit written communications content, while working the BCPL team to clarify subject matter, objectives.
- Propose and publish print and web content while adhering to BCPL style guide
- Coordinate and assemble content for the weekly employee newsletter.
- Execute BCPL event communications to improve registration and engagement
- Monitor and utilize analytics to inform team decision making in communication strategies.
- Create and update visual resources (video, written, web) to employee brand standards
- Manage @blcempolyees social media accounts to maximize organic engagement
- Responsible for end-to-end process of event planning and execution (budget management, workback schedules, registration, venue selection, pre-event logistics, on-site event management etc.).
- Assist in building event strategy and calendar for current and upcoming year.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of events after execution; compile and analyze feedback from internal stakeholders and attendees.
- Nurture employee-driven activities and initiatives to enhance BCPL’s engagement with employees and the community.
- Welcome new employees during the weekly orientation session.
- Organize and execute employee appreciation programs (Doughnut Day, Cake Day, Anniversary Cards).
- Evaluate and develop employee engagement programs to maximize employee retention
- Administer the Employee Perks Programs
- Additional duties as assigned to support the operations of the HR team.
Skills & Experience
- Tech-savvy with a solid proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop is essential.
- Experience in event planning, execution, and promotion
- Graphic Design skills with knowledge of front-end web design
- Communications and marketing education and / or experience
- Capacity to respond to changing priorities and handle a dynamic and diverse workload
- Strong work ethic with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Skills to handle multiple priorities within tight timelines
- Love of social media
- Well-honed written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Desire to learn from and collaborate with colleagues
- A valid driver's license and your own vehicle.
*This is a diverse list of skills & experience. We are looking for someone with a “give-it-a-go” attitude! Apply for the position to see how your skills could fit this role!
This Position Offers
Employees working with Banff Caribou Properties enjoy excellent benefits, work / life balance and a fun culture at the office. There are many benefits to make living in the Bow Valley a bit more affordable such as the Employee Home Loan program and the Employee Share Ownership Program (where you can become an owner!). Some of the other great benefits that you would receive are:
- Full time, permanent employment at a competitive salary
- Anniversary bonus up to $1000
- 40% off food & 27% off beverage at 6 restaurants
- Complimentary hotel stays
- Excellent health & wellness programs; FREE yoga, FREE canoe and FREE golf passes
- Discounted movie tickets, spa services, retail shopping and ski passes
- Immediate health & dental benefit eligibility
- Help with immigration applications
- These are just a few of our Benefits! Check out the rest of our benefits here: https://blcemployees.com/benefits/
Join the Human Resources Team and an HR Assistant to create the best work experience in Banff for our team of over 900 employees. Apply today to learn more about the position and if Banff Caribou Properties is a fit for you.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- 229 Bear St Suite 300, Banff, AB T1L 1H8, Canada