Carpenter in Banff for Winter Season - Housing Available
We are working to complete building of Banff's newest hotels. If you are skilled with previous carpentry experience then apply now to join our team! This position starts in September or October and is the perfect fit for a skilled carpenter travelling to Canada for a Working Holiday during the ski / snowboard season.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience of carpentry, concrete formwork and framing
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and complete associated calculations from construction drawings
- Communicate clearly with superintendent, foremen and sub-trades
- Willing to work with the construction team and apply a do what it takes attitude to complete various and necessary tasks
- Work safely. Obey all health and safety policies and procedures and report injuries and hazards immediately.
- Additional duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Prior carpentry experience is required.
- Years of experience or certification of Journeyperson, Red Seal or apprentice
- Must be able to lift, carry and perform physically demanding work for the full day.
- Comfortable working in a dirty environment.
- Strong work ethic and reliability are a must.
This Position Offers:
- Full-time work
- Anniversary Bonus
- Clean and affordable employee housing
- 40% Food & 27% Beverage Discounts at 6 local restaurants
- Subsidized ski pass
- Excellent health & wellness programs
- Health & dental benefit eligibility after 6 months
- Complimentary hotel stays
- Free local and subsidized regional bus travel
- Eligibility to become an Employee Shareholder
- Many other benefits as listed here: https://blcemployees.com/benefits/
We're really glad that you are interested in this job and we look forward to reviewing your application. We appreciate all of the applications that we receive, and we will contact qualified candidates as soon as possible. You can learn more about our great employee benefits & perks and what it means to work with an employee-owned company at banfflodgingco.com/jobs
Banff Caribou Properties is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of all employees.
- Job Family Projects Construction
- Pay Type Hourly
- Banff, AB, Canada