Clinical Research Technician - (CPT1 or MA Required)
Your New Company!
At Altasciences we all move in unison to assist and work in the discovery, development, and manufacturing of new drug therapies to get them faster to people who need them. No matter your role, we all play an important part and you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. By living our values of Employee Development, Customer Focus, Quality and Excellence, Respect and Integrity, we look to foster a passionate and collaborative work environment and we are looking for talented and enthusiastic people, like you, to join our growing team! Whether you’re a recent college graduate or seeking your next career opportunity, it’s time to discover your future at Altasciences. We are better together and together We Are Altasciences.
The Clinical Research Technician will work with Clinic Operations teams to execute clinical trial activities. Responsibilities include execution of tasks performed/clinical activities in compliance with study protocol, Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)s.
- Ensure the confidentiality of clinical trial participants and sponsors is respected.
- Understand protocol driven timed study events and acceptable collection windows (protocol and/or SOP driven) for the timed events.
- Report procedural deviations to appropriate supervisory team members.
- Preparation and proper clean-up of applicable work-stations (i.e. urine collection station, blood processing station, etc.)
- Maintain and advocate a high level of customer service, quality and safety within the department.
- Perform clinical trial activities may include but not limited to, sample handling, safety measurements, in-house testing and questionnaire administration.
- Conduct all clinical trial activities and participant interaction with a high standard of customer service.
- Report significant participant misbehavior to Study/Clinical Operations management teams.
- Provide feedback, where necessary, to appropriate team members of study progress.
- Proactively communicate issues and/or problem resolutions to departmental supervisors and managers.
- Complete and/or maintain training as required per jobs needs.
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree and related work experience preferred
- Current BLS certification is required
- Medical Assistant (MA) certificate or CPT1 certificate is required
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Required to sit 50% of the workday.
- Frequently required to stand, walk.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Minimal lifting is required, 10 pounds, with assistance and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus when viewing a computer monitor.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
The pay range estimated for this position is $18.00-$21.00 per hour. Please note that hourly rates/salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, prior relevant experience, skills, education, certification, location as well as internal equity and market data.
Altasciences’ Benefits Package Includes:
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans• 401(k)/RRSP with Employer Match• Paid Vacation and Holidays• Paid Sick and Bereavement Leave• Employee Assistance & Telehealth Programs• Telework when applicableAltasciences’ Incentive Programs Include:• Training & Development Programs• Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- Cypress, CA, USA