Clinical Research Nurse (RN)
Your New Company!
At Altasciences we all move in unison to assist and work in the discovery, development, and manufacturing of new drug therapies to get them faster to people who need them. No matter your role, we all play an important part and you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. By living our values of Employee Development, Customer Focus, Quality and Excellence, Respect and Integrity, we look to foster a passionate and collaborative work environment and we are looking for talented and enthusiastic people, like you, to join our growing team! Whether you’re a recent college graduate or seeking your next career opportunity, it’s time to discover your future at Altasciences. We are better together and together We Are Altasciences.
The Clinical Research Nurse I or II will oversee the safety of clinical trial participants during study conduct and the maintenance of safety equipment.
- Perform scheduled inspection of emergency crash carts, inventory/inspect the contents and maintain up to date records.
- Act as a mentor to Clinical Operations team members.
- Ensure the confidentiality of clinical trial participants and sponsors is respected.
- Continuously assess safety improvement opportunities and communicate to departmental management.
- Perform clinical trial activities including but not limited to, continuous monitoring, safety assessments, Investigational Product (IP) administration and catheter installation.
- Monitor, document and/or follow-up on participant adverse events.
- May coordinate Basic and Advanced Life Support courses for Clinical Operations team members.
- Maintain and advocate a high level of customer service, quality and safety within the department.
- May train employees on clinical trial activities associated to their jobs needs.
- Provide feedback, where necessary, to appropriate team members of study progress.
- Proactively communicate issues and/or problem resolutions to departmental supervisors and managers.
- Degree from accredited Registered Nurse, Paramedic or equivalent program required. Related work experience preferred.
- Current BLS certification - required
- Current ACLS preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), safety rules, study-related forms and documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate with volunteers, employees, supervisors, and other on study-related matters in English is necessary
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understand the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Study-related training prior to performing study-related procedures
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Required to sit 50% of the workday.
- Frequently required to stand, walk.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Minimal lifting is required, 10 pounds, with assistance and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus when viewing a computer monitor.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
The pay range estimated for this position is $40.00-45.00per hour. Please note that hourly rates/salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, prior relevant experience, skills, education, certification, location as well as internal equity and market data.
Altasciences offers a wide variety of benefits to help our employees live healthy and fulfilling lives both
Altasciences’ Benefits Package Includes:
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans• 401(k)/RRSP with Employer Match• Paid Vacation and Holidays• Paid Sick and Bereavement Leave• Employee Assistance & Telehealth Programs• Telework when applicable
Altasciences’ Incentive Programs Include:• Training & Development Programs• Employee Referral Bonus Program#LI-AN1
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- Cypress, CA, USA