Your New Company!
At Altasciences we all move in unison to assist and work in the discovery, development, and manufacturing of new drug therapies to get them faster to people who need them. No matter your role, we all play an important part and you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. By living our values of Employee Development, Customer Focus, Quality and Excellence, Respect and Integrity, we look to foster a passionate and collaborative work environment and we are looking for talented and enthusiastic people, like you, to join our growing team! Whether you’re a recent college graduate or seeking your next career opportunity, it’s time to discover your future at Altasciences. We are better together and together We Are Altasciences.
About the Role:
The Veterinary Technician assists the Animal Technician(s), Study Director(s), Study Coordinator(s), and/or Staff Veterinarian(s) in the performance of animal health care duties and in conducting the in-life portion of research projects. They are responsible for oversight and/or performing duties related to the animal health program. Sufficiently knowledgeable and self-reliant to perform a number of veterinary and research activities without supervision.
What You'll Do:
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Is compliant with GLP, ALCOA+, USDA, and AAALAC and can identify areas for improvement.
- Perform animal health duties, including examination/treatment of animals, and maintain animal health records. Escalates cases to veterinarians, as needed.
- Provides high standards of animal care and veterinary treatment with empathy and professionalism.
- Able to work with at least 5 core species.
- Contribute to data collection and conduct of research projects in accordance with SOP’s and IACUC/study protocols. Assists with audits and report cards.
- Perform advanced/specialized procedures (such as radiography/fluoroscopy, dental prophylaxis, and advanced dosing procedures & sample collection).
- Provide surgical support by performing anesthetic induction, monitoring, and recovery, assisting in surgical procedures, and ensuring sterility in the surgical suite is maintained.
- Perform general housekeeping duties such as surgical sanitation, study set-up, study clean-up, equipment maintenance and validation, and organization of vet spaces.
- May be responsible for management and maintenance of veterinary drugs, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist Animal Technicians, Post-Life, and/or Labs and participate in a weekend and evening rotations, as needed.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Registered Veterinary Technician, Bachelor’s degree with related experience, or high school diploma/GED with over 1 year of directly related experience.
- Experience working with and handling large animals is required.
- Experience in a laboratory setting is preferred.
- Someone who is detail oriented, a problem solver, and can communicate effectively would be successful in this role.
Benefits (regular employees)
Altasciences offers a wide variety of benefits to help our employees live healthy and fulfilling lives both at and outside of work.
Altasciences' Benefits Package Includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k)/RRSP with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid Sick and Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance & Telehealth Programs
- Telework when applicable
- Training & Development Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Pay Type Hourly
- Columbia, MO, USA