Reporting to: Operations Control Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Schedule: This role works a rotating shift that includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Closing Date: February 03, 2023
The big picture:
Have your career take off with us! As a Flight Supporter, you play a key role in ensuring everything runs smoothly and all our flights are setup for success. From making flight plans, booking crew travel and accommodation to global logistics, our Flight Supporters take the utmost care of our clients and pilots. Flight Supporters with AirSprint is a dynamic, exciting, and rewarding role making it happen day in and day out.
The primary focus of the Flight Supporter is to ensure logistics for each flight are efficiently organized and entered into the operations software system. Equally important, a Flight Supporter offers direct support to the Pilot-in Command (PIC) by effectively communicating trip itineraries, supporting documents and preliminary flight plans. This position proactively creates group awareness of changing operational environments and adjusts services to the PIC and the aircraft in response.
In this role you will:
- Complete all operational logistics for each trip assignment
- Communicate overseas flight requirements with third party international trip planning once approved by the Duty Manager
- Prepare preliminary flight plans and provide supporting weather details for aircrew
- Effectively communicate flight details and provide supporting documents to aircrew in a timely manner
- Assist with flight following as required by the Company Operations Manual and CARs 604/704 (Class C)
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 1 year of related experience facilitating operational logistics, preferable in an aviation or transportation
- Experience in MS Office and MS Windows
- Exceptional customer service skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with flight planning techniques, tools, and software, inclusive of understanding weather, NOTAMs, aircraft performance, and weight and balance implications
- Knowledge of Transport Canada regulations and standards
- Completed Transport Canada’s Flight Dispatcher Generic Written Examinations (FDOPS and FDMET)
- Previous experience in the aviation industry
You’ll fit right in if you:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Are a humble team player and are ready to pitch in wherever you’re needed
- Use data to drive your decisions
- Focus on getting things right, down to the last detail
- Enjoy providing exceptional customer service
- Easily learn new software, processes, and tasks
We think you’ll like working with us because:
- We care about your health and well-being and offer an employee assistance program, extended health care benefits, dental and vision benefits, and paid time off
- We value your contribution to our success and provide a competitive salary and an RRSP matching program
- We have a great team, and we work hard together toward common goals and with a passion for excellence
- We offer family and friends flight benefits
- We respect, honour, and celebrate the diversity of our employees as we know our differences make us better. Our core values of Community and People mean we’re focused on equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, and reconciliation
- We value Safety, which is why we require applicants to complete a background check assessment.
A passion for aviation and providing exceptional service formed the foundation of AirSprint's introduction of Fractional Jet Ownership to Canada in 2000. Today, each of our dedicated staff is passionate about delivering a private aviation experience that positively contributes to successful Canadians' personal and professional lives. We do this with values of "Safety, Service, People, Integrity, Humility, and Community."
AirSprint's mission is to provide successful Canadians with a better choice for optimizing their time by enhancing the private jet ownership experience with industry-leading safety standards, exceptional turn-key service, and increased flexibility, all at a fraction of the cost and personalized for their individual needs.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Calgary - Head Office, 35 McTavish Place NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada