Team Lead, Revenue & Financial Operations
Position Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: March 28, 2023
Salary Range: Min: $91,982 to Max: $114,973
iGaming OntarioTM (iGO) has established a new online gaming (igaming) market provided through private gaming companies. Formed in July 2021, iGO is working collaboratively with the Government of Ontario and Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario to bring the world’s best igaming experiences to the province in a safer environment, helping to protect consumers and provide more choice.
The Revenue & Financial Operations team is currently seeking a Team Lead, Revenue & Financial Operations. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Revenue & Financial Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the successful delivery of operational activities related to financial accounting, processing, reporting, and analysis related to iGO’s revenue, treasury, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions and support the development of various financial processes, frameworks, and policies.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Lead the development and implementation of financial processes, controls, policies, and frameworks to enable effective revenue recognition, treasury management, accounts payable and accounts receivable activities.
- Provide technical guidance, advice and support to the Revenue & Financial Operations team and iGO management related to financial results, controllership, and strategy.
- Lead and coordinate the activities of the Revenue & Financial Operations team towards the completion of financial deliverables. These deliverables include:
- The accurate completion of the weekly Operator revenue share process which entails ensuring revenue is recognized and remittances to Operators are completed timely and accurately in accordance with iGO policies and procedures.
- The delivery of meaningful and insightful financial analysis, forecasts, reports, commentary, etc. to support the decision making of iGO senior management and internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading the accounting period and year-end processes and ensuring iGO’s financials are accurate and in full compliance with relevant accounting standards and iGO policies and procedures.
- Monitoring, controlling, and projecting iGO cash flows and financial reserves.
- Developing and updating process narratives and controls for all key financial activities.
- Coordinating the processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable invoices and overseeing the related processes including HST.
- Review and approve various financial outputs completed by the Revenue & Financial Operations team including financial calculations, journal entries, account reconciliations, HST remittances, etc.
- Lead the implementation of special projects and initiatives, including iGO operational and policy changes, financial system enhancements, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree supplemented by a Canadian professional accounting designation (e.g., CPA, CGA, CMA, CA) and 5+ years of professional financial experience (e.g., accounting, reporting, analysis and planning particularly related to revenue).
- 1+ years of relevant experience managing, supervising, directing, or coaching a diverse functional team.
- Demonstrated expertise in accounting, revenue and treasury management, including related operational processes such as banking, accounts receivable and accounts payable, HST.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (e.g., PSAS, IFRS), taxation, and auditing standards.
- Strong ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment where long periods of concentration and accuracy is required.
- Strong ability to convey complex technical issues to promote understanding to individuals inside and outside of iGO regardless of their technical expertise.
- Proven ability to envision system and process changes, influence approvals and follow-through on implementation.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of and experience with computerized financial information systems. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and share information across organizational lines towards shared business outcomes.
- Experience utilizing MS Office Suite of programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) at the Intermediate to Advanced Level.
This position falls within the scope of a bargaining unit represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In the upcoming months, iGaming Ontario and OPSEU will be negotiating the terms of a collective agreement which, once concluded, will govern the terms and conditions of this position.
iGaming Ontario has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.
- Job Family iGaming Ontario
- Pay Type Salary
- 90 Sheppard Ave E, North York, ON M2N, Canada