Senior Advisor, Responsible Gambling
Position Term: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: September 23, 2022
Salary Range: Min: $90,169 to Max: $112,708
The Government of Ontario is committed to Ontario’s new online market for internet gaming (igaming) that is both competitive and protects consumers. iGaming OntarioTM was established in July 2021 as an agency of the Government of Ontario to conduct and manage internet gaming in the province when provided by private gaming operators.
iGaming Ontario (iGO) is seeking a Senior Advisor, Responsible Gambling. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Responsible Gambling, this position will support the implementation of Ontario’s igaming centralized self-exclusion program. In addition, the Senior Advisor, Responsible Gambling will manage iGO’s Responsible Gambling research program and activities and will support policy and program development.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Support the implementation of iGO’s coordinated, centralized self-exclusion (SE) program
- Lead the procurement and implementation of the technology solution
- Manage Operator engagement on SE matters including program and policy questions, implementation and system requirements on an ongoing basis
- Design and execute an evaluation plan to measure Operator adherence and success of the SE program
- Manage implementation of SE program changes and system updates over time
- Manage iGO’s Responsible Gambling (RG) research program that will advance RG research while balancing considerations of privacy, commercial sensitivity, and Operator burden
- Lead Operator engagement on research program and develop, update, and communicate RG research related policies and procedures, as required
- Oversee iGO commissioned RG research and manage vendor relationships
- Develop and implement an evaluation plan to assess the effectiveness of iGO’s RG Program including the identification of key performance indicators
- Lead engagement with RG stakeholders including prevention and treatment organizations and groups
- Support Operator engagement on continuous improvement of RG policies and program
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology or public policy (Master’s preferred) with 5-10 years of progressive professional experience, preferably related to responsible gambling.
- Strong understanding of and experience with research design and methodologies, statistics and interpreting data.
- Experience with policy development, program design and evaluation. Experience working with self-exclusion policies preferred.
- Practical experience managing projects and working within tight timelines.
- Demonstrated experience with stakeholder engagement and issue resolution skills.
- Experience implementing and working with technology solutions.
- Strong understanding of gambling landscape in Ontario.
- Strong understanding of the global igaming market and key trends.
- The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
iGaming Ontario has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires all staff, including prospective new employees, be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals with valid medical or other human rights-based exemptions will be considered for appropriate accommodation within the policy.
iGaming Ontario has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.
- Job Family iGaming Ontario
- Pay Type Salary
- 90 Sheppard Ave E, North York, ON M2N, Canada