Pipeline Scheduler / Analyst
Based in Alberta, Wolf is a private company, backed by Canada Pension Plan Investments (CPP Investments). Wolf was formed in 2015 to focus on the acquisition and construction of innovative and sustainable midstream energy infrastructure assets in Western Canada. Wolf's long-term business plan, investment timeline, and continued dedication to finding innovative and sustainable midstream solutions creates a competitive alternative to other midstream companies. Wolf has grown through a series of acquisitions and successful developments, resulting in three businesses based on the Wolf-owned and operated Access Pipeline System, Alberta Carbon Trunk Line, and the NGL North System.
Wolf’s mission is to maintain operational excellence, foster strong relationships with customers and stakeholders, and enrich communities while generating superior returns on investments. Wolf has an uncompromising commitment and respect for health, safety, and the environment. Based on a strong set of core values, Wolf’s defining behaviors are Act Like Shareholders, Be Customer Focused, Be Courageous, Do the Right Thing and Own It!
We are looking to fill a Pipeline Scheduler/Analyst position. This is a hybrid role with duties that span two functional areas in the Shipper Services Department. Under the general direction of the Manager, Shipper Services, the Pipeline Scheduler/Analyst is responsible for 2 areas. In Pipeline Scheduling you will manage pipeline nominations and day-day scheduling of the product movements and in Product Quality oversight, you will ensure product quality management processes and systems are robust to support the needs of the business.
- Manage nominations - balancing transfers, managing inventories, confirmations with upstream/downstream operator
- Ensure nominations are met or obstacles to achieving targets are identified, resolved or if cannot be resolved, communicated to appropriate stakeholders.
- Create and issue day-day schedules of receipts and deliveries within defined parameters
- Managing inventories and issue instructions to the Control Centre
- Identify, resolve, or bring forward problem areas for the purpose of strengthening and/or optimizing processes and procedures in alignment with corporate goals
- Track scheduled movements against actuals and adjust as required to stay on target
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reporting for Wolf management, Shippers, and Operators
- Develop and keep current, procedures related to product scheduling
- Build and strengthen knowledge of the business and the systems’ physical operability to avoid problems, assist with problem solving, and provide opportunities to optimize
- Build and continue to strengthen relationships with stakeholders by listening and communicating plans and changes including decisions made to concerned groups
- Manage the sampling and testing program
- Keeping current with industry changes and downstream product quality specifications
- Ensure ongoing process and product quality compliance and, identify and remediate deficiencies within product quality processes
- Providing recommendations; implementing, and monitoring corrective actions to ensure product quality requirements are met
- Develop and keep procedures current related to product quality assurance
- Maintain product quality records - Compiling and analyzing statistical data, and maintaining the Product Quality Manual
- Communicate with upstream/downstream product quality business contacts
- Investigate and effectively communicate information about product quality issues with stakeholders
- Provide product quality training
Note: this role has an on-call requirement.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact professionally with internal and external customers
- Able to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft products)
- Technical or business diploma or degree in a related discipline
- 5-10 years related experience with preference given to liquid pipelines
- Strong technical understanding – able to identify, bring forward, and help resolve issues
- Good knowledge of liquids pipeline operations
- Results orientated
- Demonstrated mindset for continuous improvement
- Able to manage many concurrent activities
- Self starter - able to operate with minimum supervision
- Competitive compensation and bonus program
- Comprehensive benefits and wellness support including parental leave top-up
- Employer matched savings plan
- Hybrid remote work model opportunities
- Time away programs including vacation and flex time
Interested candidates should apply at www.wolfmidstream.com by December 7, 2022. We thank all for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Calgary, 520-3rd Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada