IT Business Analyst
Based in Alberta, Wolf is a private company, backed by Canada Pension Plan Investments (CPP Investments). Wolf was formed in 2015 to focus on the acquisition and construction of innovative and sustainable midstream energy infrastructure assets in Western Canada. Wolf's long-term business plan, investment timeline, and continued dedication to finding innovative and sustainable midstream solutions creates a competitive alternative to other midstream companies. Wolf has grown through a series of acquisitions and successful developments, resulting in three businesses based on the Wolf-owned and operated Access Pipeline System, Alberta Carbon Trunk Line, and the NGL North System.
Wolf’s mission is to maintain operational excellence, foster strong relationships with customers and stakeholders, and enrich communities while generating superior returns on investments. Wolf has an uncompromising commitment and respect for health, safety, and the environment. Based on a strong set of core values, Wolf’s defining behaviors are Act Like Shareholders, Be Customer Focused, Be Courageous, Do the Right Thing and Own It!”
The IT Services department within Corporate Shared Services is responsible for providing and supporting information technology solutions across all Wolf Midstream business units. This is delivered through a combination of outsourced infrastructure and application vendors as well as internal IT staff.
Under the direction of the leader of the IT Operations Team, this position is responsible for our key business applications, specifically, our Finance and EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) systems. As a technical business analyst, you will develop a solid understanding of how these applications support the business processes and work closely with business stakeholders in identifying, planning, and delivering maintenance and improvement activities.
As a growing company, we are experiencing increasing demands on these systems and as such, this position represents an excellent opportunity to work with business stakeholders and vendors to create a more supportable and sustainable environment. This role will require proficiency across multiple levels: business analysis, technical skills, and IT support processes. In the next 1-3 years, we anticipate that a number of these systems will be replaced, and this role will play a substantial part in migrating the business to new systems.
As a member of a small and flexible team, a keen desire to learn and the ability to work in both a business process and technical capacity will be key to your success.
- Develop an end-to-end understanding of the main Finance and EAM processes and how Wolf’s Business Applications are configured and run to support these operations.
- Application Support for the Finance and EAM Systems:
- Application incident resolution through working with the business, infrastructure teams and application vendors.
- Use IT’s change management processes to implement application updates.
- Ensure support information is captured and maintained in our knowledge base.
- Develop standard operating procedures for common support tasks and transition these to our first- and second-line support teams.
- Perform regular operational tasks to manage requests and incidents related to userids, roles, workflows, etc. within these systems.
- Interfacing with the business and our vendors to coordinate maintenance and configuration updates.
- Continually define and optimize delivery tasks to improve delivery timelines and reduce IT administration overhead.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5-10 years of prior relevant work experience
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of Finance and EAM systems. Microsoft GP, ReQlogic, BI360 and Aveva’s Avantis EAM suite preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL Server, Power BI
Wolf Midstream has offices and operating sites in Calgary, Fort Saskatchewan, and Conklin. Travel is not expected in this job, but some (infrequent) site visits may help support project and change management activities.
If you don’t quite check all the boxes, please tell us what else you bring to the table and why that’s even better!
- Competitive compensation and bonus program.
- Comprehensive benefits and wellness support including parental leave top-up.
- Employer matched savings plan.
- Hybrid remote work model opportunities.
- Time away programs including vacation and flex time.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, 520-3rd Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada