Clerk, Accounting Services
Current Rate of Pay: Min = 26.61/hr, Max = 28.85/hr
Employment type: Full Time Contract
Duration of employment: 6 months
Hours of work: 35 hrs/week
Work location: Head Office – Vaughan
Division: Corporate Services
Business unit: Finance
Remote Work: Hybrid
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA works to protect the integrity and health of the rivers and creeks in the jurisdiction, develop a system of green and natural spaces that sustains local ecosystems, and advance sustainable practices that improve people’s lives within our growing region.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Accounting Services this position this position works closely with payables and receivables teams to support the delivery of efficient accounts payable and accounts receivable services. This position provides a central role in contributing to the team’s ability to manage effectively by ensuring accurate and current information is available in Business World regarding payables and receivables from a variety of internal and external sources. Clerk, Accounting Services reports directly to the Supervisor, Accounting Services
- Create payment requisitions for vendor invoices from purchase order, review vendor invoices for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure vendor invoices are scanned in PDF format and filed in electronic folders and provide assistance in maintaining electronic vendor files
- Review and analysis of vendor statements, follow up on any outstanding invoices with vendor and/or purchaser
- Provide assistance in processing receivables cash receipts and ecommerce transactions
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Financial policy and procedures and general understand of account allocations for payable expenditures and receivables revenues
- Ongoing customer service with internal staff and accounting inquiries
- Provide support on other aspects of accounting services as required
What will you need to succeed:
- Post-secondary education in Finance/Accounting or equivalent experience
- Strong time management, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft excel and various financial systems an asset
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on August 19, 2022.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a precondition to being hired by TRCA. TRCA will comply with its obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code and any other applicable legislation.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Temporary Contract
- Min Hiring Rate $26.61
- Max Hiring Rate $28.85
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 101 Exchange Ave, Concord, ON L4K 5R6, Canada