Field Staff, Risk Mitigation Major Projects
Current Rate of Pay: Min = $46,432, Max = $50,331
Employment type: Temporary Full-Time
Duration of employment: 1 Year Contract
Hours of work: 40 hrs/week
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA works to protect the integrity and health of the rivers and creeks in the jurisdiction, develop a system of green and natural spaces that sustains local ecosystems, and advance sustainable practices that improve people’s lives within our growing region.
- Provide general labour support in the creation, repair, enhancement, and habitat restoration of active and passive use greenspace including trails and park amenities, vegetated buttresses, armour stone and mechanically stabilized earth walls, stream banks, shorelines, and wetlands
- Gain experience safely operating and maintaining construction equipment including trucks, trailers, excavators, articulated loaders, vibratory drum rollers, track carriers, skid steers, tractors, UTVs, chainsaws, and a full spectrum of hand and power tools
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of site securement measures and erosion sediment control measures such as silt socks, straw mats, and non-woven geo-textiles.
- Perform checker/flagger and traffic control duties and assist with site layout and drawing interpretation including laser level set up and operation.
- Prepare and maintain vehicles, equipment and materials as determined by immediate supervisor for daily site requirements.
- Complete daily inspections of safety fencing to ensure public safety and participate in hazard assessments and daily tailgate safety talks relevant to changes in type of work and site conditions and take required action to mitigate hazards.
- Perform other duties with departmental, divisional, and/or corporate objectives as assigned.
- Post Secondary Diploma or Degree in Resource Management, Environmental or Engineering Science, Construction, Restoration Ecology, or related field, or equivalent combination of knowledge, skill, and experience.
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s License.
- Minimum 1 year experience related to major tasks.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all relevant federal, provincial and municipal laws, acts and regulation, TRCA Policies and Procedures, environmental protection legislation, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and their application to major task areas.
- Demonstrated ability in the safe operation and maintenance of equipment related to program specialization.
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on October 21, 2022.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a precondition to being hired by TRCA. TRCA will comply with its obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code and any other applicable legislation.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Min Hiring Rate $22.32
- Max Hiring Rate $24.20
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Diploma
- 9741 Canada Company Ave, Woodbridge, ON L4H 2V2, Canada
- 9755 Canada Company Ave, Woodbridge, ON L4H 0A3, Canada