Rate of pay: Min = 19.87/hr, Max = 21.54/hr
Employment type: Temporary Contract
Duration of employment: 2 months
Hours of work: up to 20 hours per week – must have weekend availability
Work location: Bathurst Glen Golf Course
Division: Conservation Parks and Lands
Business unit: Conservation Parks
Remote Work: None
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA works to protect the integrity and health of the rivers and creeks in the jurisdiction, develop a system of green and natural spaces that sustains local ecosystems, and advance sustainable practices that improve people’s lives within our growing region.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Cook is responsible for food planning, preparation, service, and clean-up as it relates to food service delivery. The Cook follows planned menus to provide a balanced food service for patrons. This position ensures that all food operations, preparation, and presentations meet TRCA’s commitment to high quality service.
A key role of this position is maintaining and complying with food standard regulations, while ensuring a safe, orderly, sanitized kitchen through proper food preparation and food handling techniques and processes. Compliance of Health and Safety and Food Standard Protocols is a major responsibility of this role.
This position also supports customer service playing a key role in delivering a strong customer experience.
- Prepare meals according to approved menus and recipes having regard at all times to health and safety requirements for food handling.
- Ensure food supplies are properly stored at all times including storage of food products as delivered, ensuring an appropriate inventory level.
- Operate food service equipment in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Ensure daily knowledge and understanding of specific client allergies and/or special diet requirements and prepare food accordingly.
- Track daily temperature checks on all refrigeration and freezer units.
- Participate in clean-up, including dish washing, removal of garbage, recycling, and composting, as well as grease removal at the end of each shift.
What will you need to succeed:
- Food Handers Certificate required.
- Smart Serve Certification
- Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in food preparation and service.
- Experience preparing large/batch quantities of food.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to fifty pounds.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values of integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter prior to midnight on August 14, 2022.
All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a precondition to being hired by TRCA. TRCA will comply with its obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code and any other applicable legislation.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the last step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Supervisor of Records, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (416) 661-6600 extension 5216.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Temporary Contract
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education High School
- Bathurst Glen Golf Course, 12481 Bathurst St, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada