At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technicians are an integral part in the successfulness of the facility operation, monitoring supplies and responsible for keeping the grounds interior and exterior in an orderly condition. This position will have you moving equipment, completing supply runs for ongoing projects and assisting with ad-hoc maintenance tasks as needed. This role will benefit from well-organized individuals who are passionate about maintaining their workplace.
As a Maintenance Technician you will:
- Assist with general maintenance, repairs, and inventory monitoring while logging events into Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Restocking general supply items in all changerooms, airlocks, lunchrooms, offices, and washrooms
- Monitoring equipment calibration expiry dates, and organizing recertifications with vendors and logistics team
- Ensure interior hallways are free of clutter and safe at all times
- Ensuring all grounds are kept in a clean condition including snow removal, sweeping and general housekeeping
- Ensure outdoor solvent storage is organized and maintained
- Perform regular inspections of fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, smoke detectors, fire alarms, vault seismic sensors and testing of backup generators
- Plan and execute duties to minimize the impact to ongoing operations
- Complete runs to suppliers to pick-up facility or project supplies
- Communicate need for facility supplies to procurement team
- Assembling and relocating equipment
- Room repairs including painting, drywall, and floor repairs
- Notify appropriate person concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
As a Maintenance Technician you bring:
- High School Diploma required
- Class 5 Drivers License required
- Mechanically inclined and have general trades knowledge
- Ability to meet the physical demands to meet the role requirements (standing, crouching bending often lift up to 50lbs)
- WHIMIS experience an asset
- Power Engineering Certification an asset
- Ability to work safely with hand tools, around equipment and follow safety protocols an asset
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Dependable, reliable, responsible
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to successfully complete satisfactory criminal record check
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Family Facilities
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $23.00
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada