Quality Assurance Manager, QAP (SCB)
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in beautiful Caledon.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
The Quality Assurance Manager, QAP, reports directly to the Senior Director of Quality and will work closely with the Valens-Southern Cliff Brands Production team. The Quality Manager, QAP, is an onsite, office-based position, responsible for overseeing daily operations within the Quality department.
As the Quality Assurance Manager, QAP, you will:
- Batch Record review, and release
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) revisions, reviews, and approvals
- Provide the leadership and direction necessary for the Quality department to meet their goals and maintain compliance
- Customer complaints investigation and sign off
- Support and participate in all internal inspections and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA)
- Provide quality and regulatory expertise and support related to requirements for beverages manufacturing processes
- Assist with monthly CRA reporting
- Assist with Health Canada Amendments
- Ensure that products are manufactured, packaged, labelled, and stored in accordance with internal approved SOPs and Health Canada requirements
- Assist with the hiring of new employees, performance management, and training
- Communicate and advise related department managers, related to risk assessment, change controls, deviations, and non-conformance issues
- Host/Co-Host all third-party and Health Canada inspections
- Other duties as assigned by Management
As a Quality Assurance Manager, QAP, you bring:
- BS or diploma related scientific discipline and at least 3-5 years of experience in Quality, Regulatory, Production, or Operations in a Cannabis or related industry
- Security clearance and QAP designation approved from Health Canada is required
- Knowledge of Cannabis Regulation and Health Canada Regulations
- In-depth understanding of the application of quality systems to the pharmaceutical or cannabis industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage within a growing organization
- Technical writing, auditing experience preferred
- Prior experience managing external regulatory audits preferred
- Excellent communication skills at all levels both written and verbal
- Proven track record in building trusted relationships internally and externally
- Ability to make impactful risk-based decisions quickly
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Effective analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Effective meeting and presentation skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family QA, Compliance, Reg Affairs
- Pay Type Salary
- Caledon, ON, Canada