Production Labourer (Day Shift)
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
Reporting to a Production Shift Supervisor, the Production Labourer is responsible for learning in house Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and maintaining production workflows as instructed. You will be responsible for tasks like packaging, sorting, labeling, boxing and routine cleaning tasks.
Shift Schedule: Day Shift (Monday - Thursday) 6:00am - 4:30pm
- Starting Wage: $20.00
- At 6 Months: $21.00
- At 18 Months: $22.00
As a Production Labourer you will:
- Ensure compliance with security measures, standard operating procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and government regulations for all tasks
- Follow all Health and Safety requirements as outlined in the Company Health & Safety Manuals
- Communicate production and quality issues or concerns with Production Shift Supervisor
- General cleaning and prep for packaging and production
- Open and distribute materials as necessary on the various production/packaging lines
- Place ingredients and/or finished product manually into containers
- Apply labels to finished product and pack cardboard boxes
- Prepare and identify the pallets intended for shipment
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
As a Production Labourer you bring:
- Relevant experience in manufacturing or similar environment is an asset
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy and care not to damage products
- Experience with following safety protocols and understanding SOPs an asset
- Previous GMP Training or experience in a regulated and highly compliant environment is an asset
- Foster a culture of safety, health and mutual accountability
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs at a time
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to take direction and learn new skills
- Reliable transportation is considered an asset
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
- Job Family Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $20.00
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada