Quality Control Technician 1 (12 month contract)
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local, or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together, and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
· Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
· Live, work and play in beautiful Caledon.
· Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
The Quality Control Technician 1 reports directly to the Quality Lead and will work closely with the SCB Production team. The QC Tech 1 is responsible for supporting daily operations within the Quality department and collaborating with Production on Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and Good Production Practices (GPP).
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm
As a Quality Control Technician 1, you will:
· Conduct regular quality checks; surface and equipment swab tests to ensure equipment meets manufacturing specifications as specified by the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Cannabis Regulations, and internal SOPs.
· Ensure efficiency and compliance of all processing and packaging activities.
· Monitor process control points and take measures to eliminate deviations.
· Support revisions and reviews of Quality SOPs.
· Ensure and demonstrate Good Documentation Practices (GDP) on all applicable documents relating to Good Production Processes (GPP).
· Perform routine inspections of documentation to ensure GDP of all applicable documents.
· Assist in monthly inventory reporting.
· Assist with internal and external audits for Health Canada.
· Oversee sampling of raw materials and finished goods for testing and retention purposes, when applicable. Assist with the release or rejection of finished products.
· Assist in the investigation process and report all suspicious transactions and losses.
· Assist with the authorization, processing and managing all returned product.
· Assist with operational activities as required.
· Provide support to the sanitation technician and other production positions, with the opportunity to cross-train with these positions.
· Complete all other tasks related to the position, as assigned by management.
As a Quality Control Technician 1, you bring:
· 1 year of work experience in a scientific related field, cannabis, or food and beverage industry.
· Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a team while maintaining a positive attitude.
· Excellent analytical skills and above-average attention to detail.
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
· Oriented towards quality work and service.
· Capable of multitasking with minimal supervision.
· Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
· All successful candidates are required to pass background checks.
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
· Competitive total compensation and incentives
· A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
· An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family QA, Compliance, Reg Affairs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $22.50
- Bolton, ON, Canada