Customer Service Clerk (Part-Time) - CLOSES: Friday August 19, 2022
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
THE CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF ST. THOMAS
Parks, Recreation and Property Management Department
has an opening for the following position:
CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK
(Part-Time – CUPE Local 841)
This CUPE 841 position, under the general direction of the Supervisor of Recreational Facilities, the Customer Service Clerk will provide direct customer service to the public and assist with administrative duties as required.
- Provide reception and customer service to clients, program participants, volunteers and general public.
- Receive payments.
- Liaise with off-site facilities, including maintenance staff, and prepare set-up information for facility staff.
- Enter bookings for recreational facilities and functions/events and program registration, as directed.
- Assist with advertising, promotion guide, flyer distribution and city programming, as directed.
- Maintain files and contact lists related to registration and facility bookings.
- Act as relief for vacation and sick staffing issues, when required.
- Perform general clerical and reception duties.
- This position must take responsibility for personal health and safety insofar as he or she is able under The Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations. A worker must:
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Act, the regulations and City policies.
- Must use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the City requires to be used or worn
- Report to his or her supervisor the absence of or defect in any equipment or protective device of which the worker is aware and which may endanger himself, herself or another worker
- Report to his or her supervisor any contravention of the Act, the regulations or the existence of any hazard of which he or she knows.
This position shall not:
- Remove or make ineffective any protective device required by regulations or by the City, without providing an adequate temporary protective device and when the need for removing or making ineffective the protective device has ceased, the protective device shall be replaced immediately
- Use or operate any equipment, machine, device or thing or work in a manner that may endanger himself, herself or any other worker
- Engage in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
Minimum one year post-secondary education in a related field of study (i.e. business, office administration) plus one (1) year experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Outlook, Access, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint). Experience with rental bookings of recreation facilities would be an asset. Requires the ability to deal effectively with members of staff and the general public.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The successful applicant may work up to 24 hours per week; the bulk of work hours will be scheduled during weekday evenings and/or weekends. A satisfactory vulnerable sector police check will be required.
REMUNERATION RANGE: $24.13 - $30.13 per hour.
Applications must be received on or before Friday August 19, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
HOW TO APPLY:
Go to www.stthomas.ca – Employment, Employment Opportunities.
Go to Posting Title.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You will need to create a Login.
Please IMPORT and UPLOAD your COVER LETTER AND RESUME individually (i.e. pdf, word).
ENSURE YOU HAVE ATTACHED ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.
Note: You will be required to answer Qualification questions during the application process.
When your application has been successfully received through Dayforce, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Congratulations, your application has been successfully submitted.”
All prospective employees, volunteers and students will be required to provide an acceptable “Criminal Record Search” as a condition of employment and prior to commencing employment.
Although we appreciate all applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information for this position is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, R.S.O. 2001, as amended.
The City of St. Thomas is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. Questions may be directed to the Human Resources Department at 519-631-1680 ext. 4146.
- Pay Type Hourly