Senior Project Manager
About Metergy Solutions Inc. (“Metergy”)
As one of North America’s most experienced submetering providers, we’ve brought turnkey solutions to our clients for over 15 years. We help our customers effectively manage their utility consumption as we supply, install, and remotely read electricity, water and thermal submeters. Across all building types, retrofit or new construction, we have the knowledge, equipment, and staff to deliver a comprehensive solution from design to implementation to billing. We are focused on maintaining strong customer relationships and value team collaboration to achieve our goals. For more information about Metergy, please visit us online https://www.metergysolutions.com/
Metergy is a portfolio company of Brookfield Infrastructure. Brookfield is one of the world’s largest investors, owners, and operators of infrastructure assets across the utilities, transport, energy, data, and sustainable resources sectors. This sponsorship provides Metergy with access to large-scale capital, infrastructure investment expertise and global reach.
Through trustworthy expertise in submetering solutions, we empower our clients to make their buildings more marketable and residents to reduce their energy consumption.
We are looking for an inspirational Senior Manager of Project Management Office (PMO) with strong leadership and organizational capabilities that can immediately contribute and help us tackle the opportunities and challenges that arise from our rapidly growing business. The incumbent will lead and will be responsible for all Business Initiatives and Information Technology projects in the organization as well as help manage the relationships between Technology, Business leaders and our external business partners.
• Ownership of the day-to-day operations of the Project Management Office (PMO) and project intake requests. Plan, coordinate, monitor and implement technical and/or non-technical business programs to meet organizational goals.
• Defines and develops project / program management best practices, processes, and policy to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and goals that are fit for purpose.
• Lead Organizational transformation projects such as Customer Information System (CIS) & Meter Data Management (MDM) upgrades, new market entry and other strategic multi-year initiatives.
• Work closely with the Agile team and organization, supporting the team & Scrum Master in related waterfall projects and sprint activities.
• Maintains the efficiency of important aspects of the project management process such as planning, scheduling, budget, risk assessment, project charters, project execution plans, risk management plans and risk registers.
• Supervises analysts, specialists, and external resources to ensure all projects within the scope of the PMO are delivered within defined scope, quality, time, and cost requirements.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation considered an asset
• Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated successful project management experience (in Utilities industry an asset)
• University Degree from a recognized institution or equivalent formal educational program and relevant IT technical and project management experience
• Proven successful CIS implementation experience in Utilities or similar industry an asset
• Strong working knowledge of Agile delivery, ceremonies and practices considered an asset
• Proven program management on large projects with external system integrators
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel and MS Project
• Working in an Oracle Utilities Software environment an asset
• Proven experience managing large enterprise wide transformational projects
• Knowledge of Project Insight Project Management Software is an asset
• Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
• Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
• Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience managing or delivering IT Projects within outsourced and managed services environments
• Familiarity with 5S, Kaizen Principles, Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement methodologies is an asset
Metergy team members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with Metergy’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you are not able to obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request accommodation from Metergy.
Metergy’s recruitment process includes accommodation for applicants with disabilities. All accommodations will consider the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability and are available upon request.
- Pay Type Salary
- Markham, ON L6G 1B3, Canada