Manager Finance - Accounting
Come and join one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies! We offer comprehensive benefits, a DC Pension Plan and savings match plan. If you are passionate about joining an organization committed to delivering 5 Star Customer Service, we would love to hear from you.
Enercare has recently introduced a hybrid working environment pilot for most office-based roles, providing the benefits of in-person connection and collaboration with increased balance and flexibility. Under the current pilot that runs to the end of summer, applicable employees work in the office two days per week, and work from home three days. Join Enercare and take this journey with us that we’ll use to learn and shape the future hybrid model.
Role: Manager Finance - Accounting
Status: Full-Time, Regular
Department: Finance - Accounting
Reports to: Senior Manager - Accounting
Location: Hybrid - Markham
The position will be focused primarily on the Service Experts (SE) Canada entities. The individual will manage the month end close and act as a liaison between the Home Services accounting team and the respective SE Canada centres.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Manage the month end and reporting process ensuring timelines and deliverables are achieved.
- Oversee and prepare the monthly financial results with commentary.
- Review and approve journal entries and monthly reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with accounting and reporting policies and procedures under IFRS.
Financial Controls, Risk & Audit
- One of the Key contacts for external and internal auditors.
- Provide recommendations on business process changes, opportunities for improvements in process and control.
- Identify and provide recommendations on areas of significant financial risk and internal control deficiencies.
- Support the organization’s SOX program.
- CPA, CA Professional Accounting Designation preferred. CPA, CMA/CGA will be considered with relevant business experience.
- 3-5 years of management experience with a successful track record in process improvement.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with a history of meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with the ability to provide guidance to others.
- Ability to see ‘big picture’ when reviewing in a detailed oriented environment.
- Driven self-starter with initiative and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Advanced skills with Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience with SAP and/or the implementation of SAP would be an asset.
- Pay Type Salary
- 7400 Birchmount Rd, Markham, ON L3R 5V4, Canada