Processing Plant Technician 2
Processing Technicians - Tofino, BC
We are currently accepting applications for Processing Technicians to join our dynamic operations located out of our Tofino Operations.
Our Processing Technicians spend their day working in a team that is focused on ensuring that a high-quality product is processed and delivered in a safe and timely manner. They perform a wide variety of tasks from cutting fish to sorting them into boxes to transporting those boxes by forklift. The work they do is physically demanding and fast paced.
- Our Processing Plant Operates Monday to Friday (Dependant on Processing Schedule)
- Safely preparing food product that meets food safety regulations and is safe for consumption.
- Handling our fish at various different stages of the processing cycle
- Performing a wide variety of different, repetitive job tasks including cleaning fish, grading fish, managing boxes, operating forklifts, lifting and stacking of heavy boxes.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment that is focused on teamwork.
- Physically fit, strong, and the ability to do physically demanding labour work.
- You have great interpersonal skills and can work in a dynamic team with all sorts of personalities.
- Candidates must be dependable, a team member who is hardworking, knows how to have fun, and be reliable.
- Past experience in fish processing plant, forklift experience, or knowledge of food safety would be considered an asset.
- Prerequisites to hiring include a physical fitness test (where available) , criminal record check, and reference checks.
- Only applicants who are legally allowed to work in Canada will be considered.
- Transportation is provided to and from work.
- An hourly pay of $21.25 plus a daily bonus dependent on production speeds and attendance targets. If met, the bonus can exceed an additional $4.00/hr.
- Immediate enrollment into our employer paid benefits.
- Full Time & Casual Positions Available
If you feel that you could contribute your qualifications to fill this important role within our company, please forward your resume and cover letter by indeed or email, firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Cleaning and Sanitation Technician” in the subject line or in person to: Office: 61-4th street Tofino, BC | Fax: 250-725-1250 |
Cermaq Canada is an Essential Service Provider and requires all employees to provide proof of the COVID-19 Vaccine. Please email email@example.com for more details.
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
Cermaq Canada has a progressive view of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Although wholly committed to hire the best candidate available, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples for this role.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.25
- Max Hiring Rate $21.25
- Port Alberni, BC, Canada
- Tofino, BC, Canada
- Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada