Freshwater Hatchery Technician 3
Freshwater Hatchery Technician (Port Alberni, BC)
Cermaq Canada is seeking to fill the role of Freshwater Hatchery Technician 3 role at our Boot Lagoon Hatchery in Port Alberni
You bring your enthusiasm for wanting to learn and working indoors and out. Your team wants to teach you how to care for the fish. Your day-to-day tasks will include monitoring different systems that keep the hatchery running well and the fish healthy such as oxygen levels in the water. You could be working with fertilized eggs or with the small salmon in tanks. It is a large facility, so you are going to be moving around throughout the day. Doing this all safely is important.
We supply you with work clothes (pants, shirts, and hoody) and any personal protective equipment (rain gear and steel toed boots to start).
Cermaq is a world leading salmon farming company. We have a team of more than 3500 employees across Chile, Canada, and Norway. A team committed and proud to grow superior seafood for a global market. At Cermaq, you become part of a meaningful, developing, and diverse workplace. We offer a wide range of job opportunities where you will be able to grow and learn in a sustainable and rapidly developing industry. We support our employees’ personal development and make it possible for you to realize new ideas and initiatives. Our culture is informal and committed. We care for each other, for the environment, and for our communities. We are smart people in rubber boots!
- Our full-time positions include 8-hour shifts, 5 days a week, with 2 consecutive days off.
- We offer morning, afternoon, night shifts or on-call shifts
- Timely and reliable transportation is considered an asset to ensure you can travel to the hatchery in various weather conditions – if we can help you carpool to work, let us know.
- Upon hire, you are eligible for company benefits, which include extended health, dental, and vision care, AD&D insurance, life and dependent insurance, and long-term disability insurance. RRSP matching available after 3-month probation completed.
- We offer employee discount programs for fuel, clothing, insurance, etc
- Vacation pay is accrued at a starting rate of 6% (3 weeks) per year.
- Although prior experience is nice, we train you
- You want to be someone who likes to work outside and inside in any weather while being comfortable walking and standing for most of the day
- Come with a positive mindset, be flexible about what you need to do each day, the team wants you to succeed
- A team player, gets along great with others and are always looking to lend a hand
- Ability to work independently, without supervision; you take initiative
- You ensure that you keep yourself and your team safe
How to Apply:
For more information about this opportunity please visit our careers page at www.cermaq.ca, apply via Indeed or email your resume to the People & Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org. This role remains open to applicants until a new team member is hired.
Cermaq Canada is an Essential Service Provider and requires all employees to provide proof of the COVID-19 vaccination.
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
Cermaq Canada has a progressive view of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Although wholly committed to hire the best candidate available, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples for this role.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Port Alberni, BC, Canada